Happy Super Bowl Sunday!! Do you need some last minute ideas? This Super Bowl Sunday I plan to wow my friends by reusing my wheat grass patch and turning it into a football stadium. No need to overcomplicate things. In fact, this whole thing only took about an hour. It’s just fun to add some color to your display and have some fun while you’re at it! So…enjoy these football stadium chocolate covered strawberries and grape people. The best part of displaying the grapes like this is you don’t feel weird taking them. You know what I mean? It’s always cool to see a display of grapes, but I always don’t know how to take the grapes. One at a time? Take a whole branch? Maybe I’m just weird. haha.
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
2 chocolate bars-I used Paleo Chocolate sweetened with stevia from Julian Bakery
4 straws (you can use celery sticks if you prefer)
A patch of wheat grass
1. Take a patch of wheat grass and trim that grass down! Juice what you cut off and you’ll be extra healthy. 1 oz. of wheatgrass is worth a LOT of servings of vegetables. I like to freeze mine in ice cube trays and use one at a time.
2. Shake the grass upside down to get the stray grass out. I did this outside. Shake with care! You don’t want the whole thing to fall out. I just held a couple fingers on the actual grass side when I shook it and that kept it steady.
3. Put your stove on low and put the chocolate bars (whatever your favorite ones are will do) and the oil in. Stir constantly. Once melted, dip each strawberry in the chocolate and put on parchment paper to dry. I put them in the fridge for 1o minutes to harden them faster.
4. While the strawberries are drying, put your goal posts in and your grape people in your sidelines.
5. Make a strawberry football formation and you’re done!