The ingredients used for these anti-inflammatory sunshine bowls:
- 1 medium orange (+rind from half the orange)
- 1 1/2 inches of ginger
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 chopped fresh rosemary stalks (dry rosemary tested well, I think I used about 1/2 tsp-1 tsp)
- 2 Spiralized Beets
- 2 Spiralized Carrots
- 1 chopped Orange or mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup chopped or pecans (personal preference)
- 1 chopped green onion (garnish-adds lots of flavor)
- Prepare the salad!
- Spiralize equal amounts of beets and carrots (I usually use 2 of each, but the dressing will accommodate more)
- Chop all the salad ingredients, set aside the green onion and toss together.
- Top the salad with green onion when serving (I don't like it super onion-y, so I do not add it to the serving bowl. It adds a great punch as a garnish in individual servings.)
- Prepare the dressing!
- In a cup or bowl (I use my measuring cup), grate half of one of the oranges with orange zest. Then grate the ginger (I use a [microplane|Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
- ] for this)
- Juice the orange and add it to the dressing container.
- Add all the dressing ingredients and stir or shake
You may have dressing leftover for another salad.